🠈 Omni Hotels 🠊
Omni Hotels is a Dallas based chain that owns about sixty resorts in North America.
The company was founded in 1958. It is currently held by TRT Holdings which also owns Gold's Gym.
This section include events that I encounter in my research on corporate acquisitions.
- 1945: The five Dunfey brothers started a clam stand in Hampton Beach, New Hamspshire.
- 1958: The Dunfey Family acquired Lamie’s Tavern in Hampton, New Hampshire. The tavern was attached to a 32 room hotel.
- 1964: the Dunfey's acquired several hotels with the Sheraton brand and became the largest hotel franchise holder at the time.
- 196?: The firm incorporated as Dunfey Hotels Corporation.
- 1971: Dunfey's sold its motor inns to Aetna Life Insurance Company while retaining service contracts. This raised capital for expansion.
- 1976: Aer Lingus, the flag airlines of Ireland established in 1936, acquired Dunfey Hotels.
- 1978: Dunfey purchased the Berkshire Place Hotel in NY.
- 1979: Dunfey bought the Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C.
- 1983: Dunfey Hotels acquired Omni International Hotels.
- 198?: Aer Lingus decided to develop Omni Hotels as a chain. They rebranded hotels and began selling Dunfey properties.
- 1987: World International Holdings Limited and Wharf Holdings Limited of Hong Kong acquired Omni from Aer Lingus for $135 million.
- 1886: Sir Paul Chater established The Wharf as The Hong Kong and Kowloon Wharf and Godown Company, Limited
- 1987: Omni expanded to Mexico with Omni Cancun Hotel.
- 1991: The Wharf Holdings purchased World International's share of Omni Hotels.
- 1996: TRT Holdings of Corpus Christi, Tx acquired Omni's US assets.
- 2013: Omni acquired Barton Creek Resort & Spa in Austin, La Costa Resort & Spa in Carlsbad, Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage, Grove Park Inn in Asheville, Interlocken Hotel in Denver and Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, Va. from KSL Capital.
- 2014: Omni acquired Montelucia Resort & Spa from KSL Capital
- Omni Hotels - Our Culture (Drawn 5/12/2019)
- Funding Universe - Omni Hotels (Drawn 5/12/2019)
- Phoenix Color - Resorts: Omni Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Montelucia
- Pima County - Lodging: Omni Tucson National Resort
- Denver Color - Lodging: Omni Hotels
- Internet Rivers - Lodging: Omni Hotels
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next