🠈 Petco 🠊
Pet Supplies from Petco.com
PETCO is a chain of pet superstores headquartered in San Diego. At the beginning of 2018, the company had 1,500 locations. You can buy online and pick up in store.
The stores carry everything needed for dogs, cats, fishs, reptiles, birds and other domestic animals. The online store leverages Petco's buying power to bring you a massive selection of fresh pet supplies at discount prices. The site is convenient in that you can browse just through the onsale products.
The best way to shop online is to enter the store through the Monthly Sales Link. The sale is often in the form of a discount for a given amount of purchase, such as y dollars off a x dollar purchase.
- 1965: Petco was founded as a mail-order business selling veterinary supplies.
- The company began developing pet superstores in the 1980s and early 1990s.
- 1994: Petco held its first IPO. It had 132 superstores and 107 traditional stores at the time.
- 2000: Petco was taken private by Leonard Green with company valued at $190M.
- 2002: Petco held a second IPO under the symbol PETC for $275.5 million.
- 2006: PetSmart made an offer to buy Petco for $33 per share.
- 2006: Leonard Green took Petco private for a third time.
- 2015: Petco announced a third IPO.
- 2015-11: CVC Capital and the Canadian Pension Plan acquired Petco in a $4.6B deal.
- MRT - Petco prices IPO at $19/share (Drawn 3/26/2018)
- NASDAQ - Petco Files 3rd IPO (Drawn 3/26/2018)
- Wikipedia-Petco (Drawn 3/26/2018)
- Funding Universe - Petco (Drawn 3/26/2018)
- Financial Worldwide - Petco Acquired by CVC (Drawn 3/26/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next