🠈 Leonard Green, LP 🠊
Leonard Green, LP
Founded in 1989, Leonard Green, LP is a private equity firm established by Leonard I Green (1933-2002) who was an early pioneer in the field of leveraged buyouts. According to Wikipedia [drawn 7/16], Leonard Green has raised over $15B in capital funds and invested in businesses worth $54.6 billion.
This Los Angeles based firm currently ranks #32 among the largest private equity firms.
Historical investments include.
- Petco - a leading provider of pet supplies.
- The Sports Authority: Acquired in 2006. Bankrupt in 2016.
- Big 5 Sporting Goods
- Varsity Brands
- Lucky Brand Jeans
- David's Bridal - a chain of bridal super stores.
- FTD - a network of florists.
- Whole Foods Market
- Del Taco - a fast food chain offering a Mexican style fare.
- Neiman Marcus Group, Inc., a luxury retailer.
- Rite Aid - a Pharmaceutical retailer.
- Tire Rack - a chain of automotive shops.
- CHG Healthcare Services, Inc.
- J Crew
- Jo-Ann (a chain of fabric stores and crafts)
- Palms Casion
- Savers: acquired 2012
- Mister Car Wash
As the firm is in a continual process of buying and selling stakes in firms, a detailed list of what they owned at a given time is beyond the scope of this project.
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next