🠈 Poloniex 🠊
Poloniex is a platform for exchanging digital currencies. The exchange is currently held by a company called Polo Digital Assets Ltd which is controlled by the TRON Foundation.
Wikipedia deleted its page for Poloniex. The various sources I used to research the history of the company have incomplete and sometimes contradictory information on the history of the exchange. So, I will present a time line pieced together from a variety of source materials. I used the wiki page on Crypto.Markets Wiki as the base for the merger chain.
- 2014: Tristan D'Agosta founded Poloniex based in Wilmington, Delaware.
- 201?: Hackers stole funds stored on the exchange. The company reimbursed users for the loss.1.
- 2018: Circle Internet Financial Ltd. acquired Poloniex for $400 million.
- 2018: Circle acquired SeedInvest.
- 2019: A mysterious investment firm called Polo Digital Assets, Ltd acquired Poloniex.
- 2019: Justin Sun revealed that TRON Foundation financed Polo Digital Assets.
- 2020: Poloniex used the STEEM held on the exchange to block a proposed STEEM softfork to prevent TRON's acquisition of the STEEM blockchain.
- Bitcoin Wiki - Poloniex (Drawn 11/7/2020)
- Fintoism - Evolution of Polyoniex (Drawn 11/7/2020)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next