🠈 Rexall 🠊
Rexall was a buyer's cooperative by United Drug Stores that provided pharmaceuticals. A pharmacist would own a store and sell Rexall Drugs. There is still a chain in Canada using the name and a brand of vitamins that has the web site: rexall.com. The store is named after the ℞ character used by pharmacies for prescriptions.
I could not find good sources for Rexall online. There are still stores using the name Rexall, Owl Rexall and other variations of the brand.
- 1903: and 40 independent drug stores established United Drug Stores which sold products with the Rexall name.
- 1929: United Drug Company acquired Owl Drug Company based in San Francisco
History of Owl Drug
- 1892: The company was founded in 1898.
- Whitall Tatum Glass Company created bottles for the company which are now considered collectibles.
- 1943: Justin Whitlock Dart, Sr. joined the firm after he divorced Ruth Walgreen and quit his father-in-law's company.
- United-Rexall Drug Inc. purchased Renfro and Lane Drug Stores.
- ???? Rexall created the Owl Super Store Chain.
- 1947: the company opened headquarters in Los Angeles.
- 1958: There were 11,158 Rexall drug stores..
- 1996: The Katz Group which owned the Canadian Medicine Shoppe franchising rights acquired the fading Rexall chain in Canada
- 2016, McKesson Corporation acquired Rexall whihc had grown to 470 stores from the Katz Group of Companies for $3 billion.
- Wikipedia - Justin Whitlock Dart (Drawn 6/26/2018)
- Wikipedia - McKesson Corporation (Drawn 6/26/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next