🠈 See's Candies 🠊
See's Candies is a manufacturer of gourmet candies. The company was founded in 1921 by Charles (1882–1949) and Florence See (1885–1956). The family sought to create fine candies modeled after Charles' widowed mother Mary Wiseman See (1854–1939).
The Sees arrived in Los Angeles in 1921 where they opened their first shop. The company had 30 shops by 1929, when the depression hit.
The company eventually moved its headquarters to San Francisco as the area is cooler and chocolate tends to melt.
See's was purchased by Warren Buffett in 1972 for $25 million. Buffett saw this as a turning point in his own business as he saw it as the first quality business in his portfolio as the previous purchases were simply undervalued properties based on price.
- Wikipedia - See's (Drawn 11/1/2017)
- Coconino County - Shopping: See's Candy Shops
- Mohave County - Shopping: See's Candy Shops
- Phoenix Color - Food: See's Candy Shops
- Pima County - Gifts: See's Candy Shops
- Yavapai County - Shopping: See's Candy Shops
- Denver Color - Candy: See's Candy Shops
- Internet Rivers - Treats: See's Candy Shops
- Internet Rivers - Chocolate: See's Candy Shops
- Ogden, Utah - Gifts: See's Candy Shops
- Provo Utah - Cookies & Candy: See's Candy Shops
- Saint George - Gifts: See's Candy Shops
- Salt Lake Sites - Candy: See's Candy Shops
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next