🠈 Shire Plc 🠊
Shire Plc is an international pharmaceutical company with its corporate headquarters on the Island of Jersey. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange with the symbol SHP.
The company was founded by four English entrepreneurs (Harry Stratford, Dennis Stephens, Peter Moriarty, and Geoff Hall) in 1986. The first product they sold was a calcium supplement called Calcichew-D3. They then began acquiring pharmaceuticals.
I pulled most of this acquisition chain from Wikipedia.
- 1996: Shire acquired Pharmavene for £105.
- 1996: Shire acquired Richwood Pharmaceutical creating Shire Richwood.
- 2001: Shire acquired Biochem Canada
- 2005: Shire acquired Transkaryotic Therapeutics
- 2007: Shire acquired New River Pharmaceuticals for $2.6 Billion.
- 2008: Shire acquired the Berlin based company Jerini for $521M
- To protest tax measures, the company moved its headquarters to Ireland in 2008.
- In 2010: Shire acquired the Belgium based company Movetis for $565M.
- 2011: Shire acquired Advanced BioHealing.
- 2012: Shire acquired FerroKin Biosciences for $325M.
- 2013: Shire acquired Lotus Tissue Repair, Inc.
- 2013: Shire acquired SARcode Bioscience Inc.
- 2013: Shire acquired ViroPharma for $4.2B
- In 2014 Shire rejected a take-over attempt by AbbVie.
- 2015: Shire acquired NPS Pharmaceuticals for $5.2 billion
- 2015: Shire acquired Meritage Pharma for $245 million
- 2015: Shire acquired Foresight Biotherapeutics for $300 million
- 2015: Shire acquired Dyax for $6.5 billion.
- 2016: Shire acquired Baxalta for $32B. Baxalta was spun off from Baxter Medical the year before. It includes the BioLife Plasma Centers.
- Wikipedia - Shire Pharmaceutical (Drawn 12/10/2017)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next