🠈 Trek Bicycle 🠊
Trek Bike is a Wisconsin based manufacturer of perform road, mountain and ebikes. The company sells through a network of independent bike dealers.
Trek acquired Diamant which is notable for developing the roller bar chain used on most bikes and the step through ladies bike. Diamant also created the first bent handle bars.
Trek was founded by cycling enthusiasts and appears to have grown in an organic manner into being a leading producer of high performance bicycles.
- 1976: Dick Burke, owner of an electronics dealership called Roth Co., and bike shop owner Bevill Hogg began manufacturing road bikes in Waterloo, Wi.
- 1976: Trek released its first mountain bike.
- 1980: Trek built an expanded facility in Waterloo.
- 1985: Trek released an aluminum frame road bike.
- 1992: Trek added carbon fiber processes.
- 1993: Trek acquired Gary Fisher Mountain Bike Company.
- 1999: Trek signed Lance Armstrong who became first American to win the Tour de France.
- 2003: Trek acquired Villiger in Switzerland.
- 2003: Trek acquired Diamant which is the oldest bicycle company in Germany.3
History of Diamant
- 1882: Frederick and William Nevoigt established Gebrüder Nevoigt, Reichenbrand / Chemnitz to create sewing machines.
- 1885: Company added bicycles.
- 1895: Company launched Diamant brand.
- 1898: Diamant introduced the double-roller chain which is now standard on most bikes.
- 1912: Diamant introduced the Damenrad with a step through frame for ladies.
- 1906: Company held an IPO as Gebrüder Nevoigt AG.
- 1927: Company fell into bankruptcy in the depression of 1927.
- 1928: Adam OPEL Ag. acquired a controlling interest in firm and relaunched it as Elite-Diamant AG..
- WWII - Diamant diverted production toward the war effort.
- During the Russian occupation, Diamant became part of the Soviet company Awtowelo.
- 1951: Company became VEB Elite-Diamant owned by East Germany.
- 1953: Diamant produced a record 295,000 bicycles.
- 1969: Diamant began exportin bikes with brands Elite-Diamant, Original-Diamant and Diadem in West Germany.
- 1987: Company privatized as Elite-Diamant – GmbH after fall of Berlin Wall.
- 1992: The bicycle company spun off as Diamant Fahrradwerke GmbH.
- Zippia - Trek (Drawn 7/26/2022)
- Encyclopedia.com - Trek Bicycle (Drawn 7/26/2022)
- Wikipedia - Diamant (Drawn 7/26/2022)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next