🠈 US Foods 🠊
US Foods is a major food distributor servicing restaurants and grocery stores with facilities throughout the country. The company had $24 billion sales in 2017. Their headquarters are in Rosemont, Ill. The company trades on the NYSE with the symbol USFD.
The name is an abbreviation of United Signature Foods.
The company has $24.18 billion in revenue. Their market capitalization is $6.6 billion. The scary thing is that the company has $3.6 billion in debt. So, any market fluctuation in the highly competitive food service industry could topple this bad boy.
US Foods Merger Chain
US Foods was assembled by a variety of companies seeking to create a monopoly in the food service industry and it has an extremely complex merger chain. The firm Royal Ahold based in the Netherland acquired the company and spun it off. So I will start with that action.
I decided to put off the early history.
- 2007: Ahold spun off US Foodservice in a deal involving Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund VII LP and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. for $7.1 Billion.
- 2010: US Foodservice acquired Nino's Wholesale of Boca Rato, Fl which distributed food to pizzerias.
- 2011: US Foodservice acquired Midway Produce which was based in Indianapolis.
- 2011: US Foodservice acquired Waste Vegetable Oil Processing Company of Bluffton, SC which turns used cooking oil into diesel.
- 2011: US Foodservice acquired Ritter Food Service from Pennfield Corporation based in Mount Joy, Pa.. Ritter provided poultry, meat and produce.
- 2011: US Foodservice acquired Cerniglia Products which delivered Italian specialty foods in southern Wisconsin market.
- 2011: US Foodservice acquired Great Western Meats which was a food service company in Florida.
- 2011: US Foodservice acquired Vesuvio Foods, Inc. of NYC.
- 2011: US Foodservice acquired White Apron which was established in Brea, Ca in 1952 and supplied restaurants and hospitals in Los Angeles.
- 2011: Company changed its name to "US. Foods" with an awkward dot after the S.
- 2012: US Foods acquired New City Packing Company of Aurora, Il which was started in 1884.
- 2012: US Foods acquired Bears Distribution.
- 2012: US Foods acquired Hawkeye Foodservice Distribution
- 2013: US Foods acquired Quandt’s Foodservice Distributors.
- 2015: US Foods acquired Dierks Waukesha.
- 2016: US Foods acquired Save On Seafood
- 2016: US Foods acquired Jeraci Foods.
- 2016: US Foods acquired Freshway Foods.
- 2016: US Foods acquired Cara Donna Provision Co.
- 2017: US Foods acquired Toba Inc. Distribution Companies
- 2017: US Foods acquired F. Christiana
- 2017: US Foods acquired FirstClass Foods
- 2017: US Foods acquired SRA Foods.
- 2017: US Foods acquired All American Foods of North Kingsingto, RI for $60 M.
- 2018: US Food acquired Services Group of America for $1.8 billion. The purchase was financed by a $1.5 billion loan from JP Morgan and BoA Merrill Lynch
- Business Wire-US Foodservice acquires Nino (Drawn 9/25/2018)
- Refrigerated Transporter - Foodservice acquires Midway (Drawn 9/25/2018)
- Market Wired - US Foodservice acquired WVO (Drawn 9/25/2018)
- Market Wired - US Foodservice acquires Ritter (Drawn 9/25/2018)
- Chicago Tribue - US Foods buys Arizona Food Services Group (Drawn 9/25/2018)
- Restaurant Business News - Foodservice acquires Cerniglia Products (Drawn 9/25/2018)
- Refrigerator Transporter - US Foodservice acquires Great Western Meats (Drawn 9/25/2018)
- Yahoo - US Foodservice acquired Vesuvio Foods (Drawn 9/25/2018)
- Market Wired - US Foodservice Acquires White Apron (Drawn 9/25/2018)
- Business Wire - US Foods Acquires New City Packing Company (Drawn 9/25/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next