🠈 Kohlberg, Kravis and Roberts 🠊
Kohlberg Kravis and Roberts
KKR and Co (Kohlberg, Kravis and Roberts) is a huge financial institution containing multiple private equity funds and REITs. The parent company trades on the NYSE with the symbol KKR.
This page simply lists events that I come across in researching merger and acquisition chains. It is far from complete:
- 1976: KKR was founded by Jerome Kohlberg, Jr., Henry Kravis and George R. Roberts. The partners had previously worked at Bear Stearns.
- 1981: KKR acquired Fred Meyer.
- 1984: Gerry Schwartz left KKR to start Onex Corporation in Toronto, Ontario.
- 1985: Tribune Broadcasting acquired Los Angeles based KTLA from KKR.
- 1986: KKR acquired Safeway after a hostile take over attempt by Robert Haft and begin liquidating the stores.
- 1990: KKR exited Safeway investment with an IPO.
- 1986: KKR acquired Beatrice Foods for $420 million.
- 1987: Jerome Kohlberg split from KKR to create a private equity firm called Kohlberg and Company that concentrates on smaller companies.
- 1992 KKR acquired a 47% stake in TW Services and forced it to break up.
- 1997: KKR acquired majority stake in the grocery store Randals for $225 which it sold to Safeway in 1999.
- 2003: Kohlberg & Co. purchased Thousand Trails RV Resorts for $113 million which it sold to Privileged Access Gp. Corp. in 2006.
- 2004: KKR acquired Sealy Corporation from Bain Capital.
- 2007: KKR acquired EU based Boots Alliance.
- 2014: KKR sold AB to Walgreens to create Walgreens Boots Alliance
- 2015: KKR acquired Air Medical Group Holdings AMGH from Bain Capital in a deal estimated at $2 billion.
2018: KKR named the combined company Global Medical Response.
- 2017: KKR acquired American Medical Response (AMR) from Envision Healthcare Corporation and combined it with AMGH.
- 201?: KKR acquired ReSearch Pharmaceutical Services and merged it with PRA.
- 201?: KKR acquired CRI Lifetree and merged it into PRA
- 2014: KKR held partial IPO for PRA with symbol PRAHS.
- Internet Rivers - Private Equity Firms: Kohlberg, Kravis and Roberts
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next