🠈 Versa Capital Management 🠊
Versa Capital Management
Versa Capital Management is a capital management firm that acquires, reorganizes and resells mid-tier organizations.
Someone deleted the Wikipedia page for the company. This section lists transactions i encounter in other research.
- 2008: The Vestis Retail Group of Versa acquired Bob's Sports
- 2009: Versa acquired Black Angus from bankrupt American Restaurant Group.
History of Black Angus
Black Angus is a chain of steak houses built by Stuart Anderson. Mr. Anderson drove tanks for General Patton in WW II. He later established a hotel, a ranch and steak houses. They listed 43 restaurants in 2018.
- 1964: Mr. Anderson established the chain.
- 1972: Saga Restaurant Group acquired Black Angus which had 101 restaurants.
- 1987: Marriott acquired Saga.
- 1987: Marriott sold several restaurants to American Restaurant Group.
- 2004: ARG filed for bankruptcy from which it emerged. It had $272 Million revenue, $32.5 M net loss and $202 M in debt.
- 2009: Versa Capital Management acquired the company after second bankruptcy.
- 2010: Stuart Anderson acquired one of the closed restaurants which he temporarily ran as Stuart's Steakhouse.
- 2012: The Vestis Group of Vesta acquired Eastern Mountain Sports from J.H. Whitney.
- 2014: The Vestis Group of Vesta acquired Sports Chalet for $17M. It assumed $50M in debts.
- 1959: Norbert Olberz founded Sports Chalet in Los Angelas.
- 1981: Sports Chalet opened its second store in Hungtington Beach and began expanding.
- 1992: Company held an IPO on the NASDAQ.
- 2014: Vesta acquired the company
- 2016: Sports Chalet closed all stores.
- 2017: Vestis declares bankruptcy. They sold Bob's and EMS to Sports Direct
History of Sports Chalet
Sport Chalet grew to a network of 47 sporting good stores. Some of the stores included diving pools and carried exotic sports equipment.
- Wikipedia - Sports Chalet (Drawn 6/23/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next