🠈 Amtrak 🠊
National Railroad Passenger Corporation
Amtrak is a service offered by government owned corporation titled National Railroad Passenger Corporation which is headquartered in Washington DC with a board of directors appointed by the President of the United States and approved by Congress. Amtrak offers intercity train service in the United States. The entity employs 19,000 workers and provides service to 500 destinations in 46 states, along with a few select locations in Canada.
Amtrak was formed in 1971 when the tax structure and competition from the subsidized freeway and air systems made private owned passenger transportation unfeasible.
The Amtrak.com web site allows you to order tickets online and includes information on stations, train schedules and route maps. The programmers of the site seem to change the navigation structure on a regular basis making it extremely difficult to deep link to any page on the site. Currently the following link points to a station index.
Amtrak Guest Rewards has information about frequent rider rewards.
There are some web sites for select Amtrak routes:
- Amtrak Cascades
- Amtrak DownEaster
- Amtrak Texas Eagle
- Amtrak Capitol Corridor
- Amtrak California
- Amtrak Michigan co
The Federal Railroad Administration, under the Department of Transportation, provides additional information about railroad regulation and passenger rail service in the United States.
- Wikipedia - Amtrak (Drawn 10/14/2019)
- Cochise County - Travel: Amtrak
- Coconino County - Travel: Amtrak
- Mohave County - Travel: Amtrak
- Navajo County - Travel: Amtrak
- Pima County - Travel: Amtrak
- Pinal County - Travel: Amtrak
- Yuma County - Travel: Amtrak
- Denver Color - Travel: Amtrak
- Garfield Colorado Links - Travel: Amtrak
- Grand Junction - Travel: Amtrak
- Carbon County Color - Travel: Amtrak
- Emery County - Emery County Color: Amtrak
- Moab - Travel: Amtrak
- Provo Utah - Travel: Amtrak
- Salt Lake Sites - Transit: Amtrak
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next