🠈 Apollo Management 🠊
This is a stub for Apollo Management. I will add links to this page I discover references to the company on other projects.
- 1997: Apollo created Apollo Management.
- 1998: Apollo Management and Bear Stearns receive $260M in preferred stock the Rental Choice / Rent-A-Center merger.
- 1998: Apollo invested $125 million seed money in National Financial Partners to build a network by acquiring small financial service firms.
- 2004: Apollo acquired Borden Chemical from KKR.
- 2006: Apollo and NRDC acquired the public company Linen 'n Things. LNT declared bankruptcy in 2008.
- 2007: Apollo acquired Claire's for $3.1 billion.
- 2010: Columbia Lake Acquisition Holdings, Inc., an affiliate of Apollo, acquired CKE Restaurant Group (Carl's Jr. & Hardee's) for $693.9 million after a bidding war with THL Partners.
- 2013: Apollo sold CKE to Roark Capital Group for $1.65-$1.75 billion.
- 2012: Apollo acquired Great Wolf Resorts after a bidding war with KSL Capital Partners
- Centerbridge Partners acquired the resort for $1.35 billion.
- 2016: Apollo acquired Maxim Crane Works LP and AmQuip Crane Rental LLC which they merged into a company with $1.4 billion under the Maxim brand.
- 2016: Apollo acquired Diamond Resorts.
- 2017: Certain Investment Funds affiliate of Apollo acquired ClubCorps for $1.1 Billion.
- 2017: Apollo Global bought a majority stake in CareerBuilder.
CareerBuilder.com is a Chicago based employment site that works with major newspapers to create job listings.
- 1995: Robert J. McGovern created a company called NetStart
- 1996: NetStart raised $2m in investment.
- 1998: NetStart changed its name to CareerBuilder.
- 1999: NetStart raised an additional $8M in an IPO.
- 2000: A joint venture by Knight Ridder and Tribune Company purchased CareerBuilder for $194 and CareerPath.
- 2002: Gannett bought a third stake in the company.
- 2018: Apollo acquired QDoba Mexican Grill for $305 million.
- Wikipedia - Apollo Management (Drawn 1/7/2018)
- Washington Post - LNT Agrees to Buyout (Drawn 6/23/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next