🠈 Arcapita Group 🠊
Arcapita Group (اركابيتا لإدارة الاستثمار) is a Bahrain based private equity firm that makes investments based on its interpretation of Islamic Principals. The firms cannot offer credit, charge interest or serve pork.
Arcapita is a "Sovereign Wealth Fund" with much of its funding coming from members of The Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (مجلس التعاون لدول الخليج العربية).
I drew a list of investments in September 2019 which I placed to to right. I will provide additional information on investments that I encounter in my investigation of who owns what in our local community.
- 1997: Fund was launched in 1997 as First Islamic Investment Bank.
- 2000: Arcapita acquired Caribou Coffee from Catterton Partners.
- 2005: Caribou held an IPO with the symbol CBOU. It had 337 coffee houses.
- 2011: Arcapita fully exited the chain.
- 2004: Arcapita acquired Church's Chicken from AFC Entertraises (which also owed Popeyes)
- 2009: Friedman Fleischer & Lowe acquired the chain.
- 2011: Arcapita acquired majority interest in clothing retailer J Jill from Golden Gate Capital
- 2015: TowerBrook acquired J Jill.
- Wikipedia - Arcapita (Drawn 10/2/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next