🠈 Pfizer 🠊
Pfizer is a pharmaceutical conglomerate based in New York that trades on the NYSE with the symbol: PFE. The company has several hundred subsidiaries.
The company began to aggressively acquire companies in 2000. They had a market capitalization of $242 billion when I visited their site in July 2019.
Pfizer is a multinational conglomerate that has an active merger history. This is a partial list of transactions.
- 1849: German-American Charles Pfizer and Charles F. Erhart founded the chemical firm Charles Pfizer and Company in Brooklyn, NY with a $2,500 loan. Their primary product was an antiparasitic called santonin.
- 1919: Pfizer developed processes for fermenting citric acid in WWI.
- 194?: Pfizer developed process for mass production of penicillin in WWII.
- 1950: Pfizer created the antibiotic Terramycin and changed its focus from chemical production to research. Drugs developed by the firm include Zoloft, Lipitor, Norvasc, Zithromax, Aricept, Diflucan, and Viagra.
- 2000: Pfizer acquired Warner–Lambert for $111.8 billion.
- 2003: Pfizer acquired Pharmacia.
- 2003: Pfizer acquired Esperion Therapeutics for $1.3 billion.
- 2004: Pfizer acquired Meridica for $125 million.
- 2005: Pfizer acquired Vicuron Pharmaceuticals for $1.9 billion.
- 2005: Pfizer acquired Idun for about $300 million.
- 2005: Pfizer acquired Angiosyn for $527 million.
- 2006: Johnson & Johnson acquired Pfizer's Consumer Healthcare unit for $16.6 billion.
- 2008: Pfizer sold Experion.
- 2009: Pfizer acquired Wyeth.
- 2010: Pfizer acquired King Pharmaceuticals for $3.6 billion.
- 2012: Pfizer sold its baby food division to Nestle for $11.85 billion.
- 2013: Pfizer sold 86.1 million shares of Zoetis (NYSE: ZTS) for US$2.2 billion.
- 2014: Pfizer acquired Innopharma for $225 million.
- 2014: Pfizer attempted to acquired AstraZeneca for $118 billion. The deal fell apart over legal issues.
- 2015: Pfizer acquired controlling interest in Redvax .
- 2015: Pfizer acquired Hospira for $15.2 billion.
- 2015-16: Pfizer attempted a reverse merger with Allergan, Plc that would relocated Pfizer in Ireland and reduce taxes. The merger was blocked by laws restricting reverse mergers.
- 2016: Pfizer acquired Anacor Pharmaceuticals for $5.2 billion.
- 2016: Pfizer won bid for BIND Therapeutics, which was in bankruptcy, for $40 million.
- 2016: Pfizer acquired Bamboo Therapeutics for $645 million.
- 2016: Pfizer acquired Medivation for $14 billion.
- 2016: Pfizer bought the antibiotic division of AstraZeneca for $1.5 billion.
- Wikipedia - Pfizer (Drawn 7/9/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next