🠈 Save-A-Lot 🠊
Save-A-Lot is a chain of discount grocery stores that have a smaller footprint (about 15,000 square feet) of space. The chain is based in Earth City, Mo. They have about 1,300 stores. Many of the stores are locally owned franchises.
The chain is currently owned by the private equity firm Onex Corporation.
- 1977: Bill Moran founded Save-A-Lot in Cahokia, Illinois as an alternative to big grocery stores.
- 1984: Save-A-Lot purchased 75 Jewel T stores and two distribution centers in Fl and Pa from Jewel.
- 1987: The food distributor Wetterau acquired Save-A-Lot
- 1994: SuperValu acquired Wetterlau for $1.1 billion.
- 2016: SuperValu sold Save-A-Lot to Onex Corporation
- Wikipedia - Save-A-Lot (Drawn 9/19/2018)
- Boulder Color - Grocery Stores: Save-A-Lot
- Colorado Springs Color - Grocery Stores: Save-A-Lot
- Denver Color - Grocery: Save-A-Lot
- Pueblo Color - Shopping: Save-A-Lot
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next