🠈 Credit Suisse 🠊
Credit Suisse is an investment bank and financial service company based in Zürich, Switzerland. It's symbol on the NYSE is CS.
This is an incomplete history. I am primarily concerned with transactions related to private equity firms. Credit Suisse acquired DLJ and renamed it aPriori.
- 1856: Swiss investors created Schweizerische Kreditanstalt to fund the creation of a rail system in Europe.
- 1988: CS acquired controlling interest in First Boston which had bad loans due to Gibbon Green's take over of Ohio Mattress.
- 1987: CS acquired Buckmaster & Moore based in London.
- 1990: CS acquired Bank Leu which was Switzerland's oldest bank.
- 1993: CS acquired controlling interest in Swiss Volksbank in a $1.1 billion deal.
- 1997: CS acquired the insurance company Winterthur Group for about $9 billion.
- 1999: CS acquired the Asset Management division of Warburg, Pincus & Co. for $650 million.
- 2000: CS acquired the private equity firm Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette (DLJ Merchant Bank) for $11.5 billion.
- 2014: CS spun off parts of DLJ as aPriori Private Capital.
- Wikipedia - Credit Suisse (Drawn 10/1/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next