🠈 Tempur Sealy International 🠊
Tempur Sealy International
Tempur Sealy International is a mattress manufacturing concern created in 2012 with Tempur-Pedic International's purchase of Sealy Corporation. The headquarters are in Lexinington, Ky.
This is the corporate History from the perspective of Tempur-pedic:
- Tempur-Pedic was created in 1992 to sell mattresss made of viscoelastic foam that was developed by NASA research and imported from Fagerdala World Foams from Switzerland.
- 1999: Nine distributors of the foam formed to create a holding company called Tempur World>
- 2002: Tempur World adopted the name Tempur-Pedic International Inc.
- 2003: Tempur-Pedic held an IPO.
- 2012: Tempur-Pedic acquired Sealy Corporation for $228.6 Million and assumed $750 Million in debt. The new firm is Tempur Sealy International
Sealy Corporate History
- 1881: cotton gin builder Daniel Haynes began selling mattresses in Sealy, Texas
- 1889: Haynes patented a method of creating compressed cotton.
- 1906: Earl Edwards of Chicago purchased the patents and begam selling under the name Sealy.
- The company shrank during the Great Depression.
- 1971: Sealy had a dispute with a franchisee called Ohio Mattress. Ohio Mattress won a $77 million settlement and took over Sealy.
- 1989 Gibbons Green Van Amerongen acquired Ohio Mattress in a leveraged buyout for $965 million.
- 1990: company changed its name to Sealy Corporation.
- Gibbons Green and its creditor First Boston became insolvent.
- Sealy moved its headquarters from Cleveland to High Point, North Carolina
- 1997: Bain Capital acquired Sealy with $150 million in capital and a $650 million loan.
- Bain and Sealy acquired Mattress Discounters
- 2004: Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. acquired Sealy
- 2005: KKR sold Sealy in an IPO for $2.20 per share and assumption of debt.
- 2012: Tempur-Pedic acquired Sealy for 229 million and its debt.
- UPI (Drawn 6/5/2018)
- Wikipedia - CRC (Drawn 6/5/2018)
- Tucson Citizen - CRC acruires Sierra Tucson (Drawn 6/5/2018)
- Behavioral.net - Acadia Completes Acquisition (Drawn 6/5/2018)