🠈 TSG Consumer Products 🠊
TSG Consumer Products
TSG Consumer Products is a San Francisco based private equity firm that specializes in buying consumer products. Wikipedia reported that they had $5 billion under management in 2019. The company's portfolio listed over sixty brands when I visited in 2019. It was incomplete.
- 1987: Company was founded as Montgomery Consumer Fund with financing from Montgomery Securities
- 1988: J. Gary Shansby and Charles H. Esserman purchased the firm and renamed it The Shansby Group.
- 1998: Shansby acquired Arrowhead Mills which it then sold to Hain
- 1998: Shansby acquired Garden of Eatin' of Los Angeles which it later sold to Hain.
- 1998: Hain acquired Arrowhead Mills, DeBoles Nutritional Foods, Dana Alexander, and Garden of Eatin' Inc. in single transaction.
- 2005: Esserman became the CEO and renamed it TSG Consumer Partners.
- 2006: TSG formed a partnership with Randy Boyd, the founder of Radio Systems to buy out a competitor.
- 1991: Company founded as Radio Fence Corporation in Knoxville, Tn to create a radio fence for restraining dogs.
- 1992: RFC created a bark collar and changed name to Radio Systems Company.
- 1997: RSC acquired Austin Innovations which made ultrasonic training devices.
- 1998: RSC acquired Johnson Pet Doors and U.S. Pet Products.
- 1999: RSC launched PetSafe internationally.
- 2005: RSC acquired Fencemaster and Reilor Holdings’s Staywell, LTD.
- 2006: RSC formed partnership with TSG to buy out Invisible Fence® Technologies, Inc.
- 20012: RSC acquired Lucky Litter's ScoopFree® litter boxes and FroliCat®.
- 2012: TSG exited Radio Systems.
- 2018: Randy Boyd formed partnership with Radio Systems to buy out a partner.
- 2011: TSG "invested in" Stumptown Coffee Roasters of Portland
- 2015: TSG acquired Backcountry.com based in Park City.
- 2013: TSG acquired an equity stake in Planet Fitness
- 2018: TSG acquired a minority Stake in Dutch Bros which makes coffee and has coffee houses.
- 2019: TSG acquired CorePower Yoga from L Catterton Partners. The company had 200 studios.
- 2019: TSG acquired Joe Hudson Collision Centers from Carousel Capital
- Business Wire - TSG acquires Joe Hudson (Drawn 9/17/2019)
- Wikipedia - TSG Consumer Prdducts (Drawn 9/17/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next