🠈 Panera Bread 🠊
Panera Bread, a subsidiary of JAB Holdings, is a chain of bakery cafés in the fast casual sector with a healthy selection of soups and salads to accompany artisan breads. As of 01/2018, Panera had over 2,100 restaurants.
Subsidiaries include Au Bon Pain and Paradise Bakery
The Panerathon is a benefit race to raise funds to end hunger.
You can buy a customized gift card for Panera at Gift Card.com. NOTE the owner of this web site might benefit by sales of gift cards.
Panera Corporate History
Following are highlights in the company's corporate history.
- 1976: The bakery Au Bon Pain was created by Pavco in Boston's Faneuil Hall with an open kitchen to showcase Pavailler cooking equipment.
- 1978: Louis I. Kane paid $1.5 million for Au Bon Pain to sell baked goods.
- 1991: Au Bon Pain Co. held its IPO.
- 1993: Au Bon Pain Co. purchased the St. Louis Bread Company which was created by Ken Rosenthal in 1987.
- 1997: Au Bon Pain changed its name Panera (keeping the St Louis name in the St Louis area.).
- 1999: Panera sold the Au Bon Pan line to private equity firm Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co..
- 2007: Panera purchased the Paradise Bakery and Café
- 1976: Paradise Bakery and Café was founded in Long Beach, Ca.
- ????: The company moved its headquarters to Scottsdale, Az.
- 2007: It had 70 stores when acquired by Panera.
- 2017: All stores except those in Az were rebranded as Panera
- 2017-04: Panera was acquired by JAB Holdings of Luxemburg for $7B.
- Phoenix Color - Restaurants: Paradise Bakery
- Pima County - Dining: Paradise Bakery
- Boulder Color - Dining: Panera Bread
- Colorado Springs Color - Bakery: Panera Bread
- Denver Color - Bakeries: Panera Bread
- Fort Collins Color - Dining: Panera Bread
- Logan Utah - Dining: Paradise Bakery Cafe
- Saint George - Dining: Paradise Bakery Cafe
- Salt Lake Sites - Bakeries / Delis: Paradise Bakery Cafe
- Wikipedia - Panera (Drawn 1/5/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next