🠈 Albertsons 🠊
Albertsons is a chain of supermarkets based in Boise, Id. The company had over 2300 stores in 2017 and 280,000 employees.
The company is currently owned by Cerberus Capital Management which also acquired Safeway. I will use changing colors to highlight different owners of the firm in its corporate history.
- 1939: Joe Albertson built his first store in Boise, Idaho he expanded into nice towns.
- 1959: Albertsons went public.
- 1966: Albertsons acquired Greater All American Markets in Orange County, Ca.
- 1969: Albertsons created combined food and drug stores with Skaggs Drug Centers
- 1977: The partnership with Skaggs ended.
- 1972: Albertsons bought the 46 store chain Fazio's-Shopping Bag based in Los Angeles from Fisher Foods.
- 1989: Albertsons accquired 6 Tom Thumb stores in Austin.
- 1999: Albertsons acquired American Stores Company.
- 2004: Albertsons bought Shaw's Supermarkets and Star Market from Sainsbury's for $2.5 billion.
- 2004: Albertsons acquired Bristol Farms for $135 million.
- 2006: Supervalu, CVS Health and Cerberus acquired Albertsons in a $17.4 billion deal.
- 2006: CVS Health acquired 800 free standing pharmacies including Sav-On Drugs and Osco Drugs from Albertsons.
- Albertsons and Safeway Merger (Drawn 9/16/2018)
- NY Times - Cullum Accepts Leveraged Buyout (Drawn 9/16/2018)
- NY Times - Cerberus Purchased Albertsons (Drawn 10/2/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next