🠈 Brown & Brown 🠊
Brown and Brown
Brown & Brown is a rapidly expanding insurance brokerage firm headquartered in Daytona Beach, Fl that trades on the NYSE with the symbol BRO.
They appear to be keeping the brand identity of some of their acquisitions including Beecher Carlson and Hays Companies.
The company's merger page says that they have over 500 agencies in their network. The home page indicates that they are the 6th largest insurance brokerage. Their news feed reports about a dozen mergers in the last year.
This page shows corporate events. The primary source of the information was the Brown and Brown site which only had one year worth of press releases and Reference for Business.
- 1939: Adrian Brown and his cousin Charles "Cov" Owen opened an insurance agency in Daytona Beach, Florida.
- 1959: Adrian's son Hyatt Brown joined the firm and becomes owner in 1961.
- 1981: Brown held its IPO with symbol BRO.
- 1993: BRO merged with Poe Associates. The merged firm took the name Poe & Brown, Inc..
History of Poe Associates
Poe Associates had 26 agencies in 9 states at the time of the merger.
- 1956: William F. Poe founded the firm in Tampa, Florida.
- 1973: Poe held its IPO
- 1994: William Poe left the firm.
- 1999: BRO rebranded as Brown & Brown
- 2000: BRO acquired Reidman Corporation based in Rochester, New York. This third generation company was founded in 1938.
- 2001: BRO acquired The Harris Agency and many smaller firms.
- 2009: Hyatt's son Powell took the helm.
- 2010: Revenues exceeded $1 billion.
- 2013: BRO acquired Beecher Carlson.
- 2018: BRO acquired Hays Companies for over $700 million.
- 1994: Hays Companies was founded in Minneapolis, Mn.
- 2018: BRO acquired assets of Rodman Insruance Agency, Inc..
- 2018: BRO acquired assets of Dealer Associates, Inc.
- 2019: BRO acquired assets of of Lambert, Riddle, Schimmel & Company
- 2019: BRO acquired assets of Smith Insurance Associates, Inc..
- 2019: BRO acquired assets of Donald P. Pipino Company, LTD
- 2019: BRO acquired assets of Austin & Austin Insurance Services.
- 2019: BRO acquired assets of Cossio Insurance Agency
- 2019: BRO acquired MEDVAL, LLC.
- 2019: BRO acquired assets of ALMEA Insurance, Inc.
- 2019: BRO acquired assets of United Development Systems.
- 2019: BRO acquired assets of Twinbrook Insurance Brokerage Inc.
- 2019: BRO acquired assets of LSI Lender Services.
- 2019: BRO acquired assets of Innovative Risk Solutions.
- 2019: BRO acquired assets of WBR Insurance.
- 2019: BRO acquired assets of Yozell Associates.
- 2019: BRO acquired assets of CKP Insurance.
- Reference for Business - Brown and Brown (Drawn 8/28/2019)
- Phoenix Color - Insurance: Brown & Brown
- Yavapai County - Finance: Brown & Brown
- Denver Color - Insurance: Brown & Brown
- Denver Color - Insurance: Beecher Carlson
- Fort Collins Color - Finance: Brown & Brown
- Salt Lake Sites - Human Resources: Hays Companies
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next