🠈 Compass Diversified Holdings LLC 🠊
Compass Diversified Holdings LLC
The Compass Group is a private equity firm that was created by J. Torben Karlshoej to invest the funds of the TK Foundation. This foundation offers scholarships and maritime programs. The Compass Group is based in Westport, Ct. They trade on the NYSE with the symbol: CODI.
J. Torben Karlshoej built his fortune through Teekay Corporation (NYSE: TK) which operates a fleet of oil tankers.
These equities were listed by the firm when I visited in Sept 2019.
As always, I show only the transactions that I encountered in other research.
- 1973: Torben Karlshoej, a Danish Emigrant, founded TK. This company started with small used oil tankers and built up a multi billion dollar fleet.
- 1998: TK Foundation created The Compass Group to managed its holdings.
- 2006: Compass went public on the NYSE with the symbol CODI and name Compass Diversified Holdings LLC.
- 2006: Judging from SEC filings, it appears that Compass agreed to buy a staffing firm called CBS Personnel before its IPO and finalized the acquisition after the IPO. Compass later changed the name to Staffmark
- 2011: The Japanese firm Recruit acquired Staffmark.
- 2006: CODI acquired Advanced Circuits based in Denver.
- 2010: Compass acquired ERGO Baby of Los Angeles. They make baby carriages.
- 2003 Karin Frost founded the firm in Maui, Hawaii.
- 2011 Ergobaby acquired the stroller company Orbit Baby.
- 2016 Ergobaby acquired Baby Tula.
- 2010: Compass acquired Liberty Safe and Security Products, Inc. from Catterton for $70 million.
- 2012: Compass acquired Arnold Magnetic Technologies Holdings Corporation of Rochester, NY,.
- 1895: The company was founded to make magnets.
- 2016: Compass acquired 5.11 Tactical of Modesto, Ca which makes tactical apparel and gear.
- 2017: Compass acquired Velocity Outdoor Corporation of Bloomfield, NY which makes shooting products.
- 2018: Compass acquired Foam Fabricators (www.foamfabricatorsinc.com)
- 1957: Company founded to created products made of expanded polystyrene (EPS).
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next