🠈 Cardinal Health 🠊
Cardinal Health is a multinational health care firm with over 50,000 employees headquartered in Dublin, Oh. They trade on the NYSE with the symbol: CAH.
It appears that their primary focus is on distributing pharmaceuticals.
The company started as a food distributor and found that there was more money to be made as a pharmaceutical distributor.
- 1971: Robert D. Walter created Cardinal Foods which was a food wholesaler.
- 1979: Cardinal acquired Bailey Drug Company and changed its name to Cardinal Distribution.
- 1983: Cardinal went public on the NASDAQ.
- 1988: Roundy's acquired Cardinal's food operations.
- 1994: Company changed its name to Cardinal Health.
- 1995: Cardinal acquired Medicine Shoppe International based in St Louis.
- 1996: Cardinal Pyxis Corporation for $867 million. Pyxix makes automated pill dispensers for hospitals.
- 1997: Cardinal acquired
which provides pharmacy management services.
- 1999: Cardinal acquired Allegiance Healthcare of Chicago which makes surgical drapes, gloves, gowns, and customized medical supplies.
- 2001: Cardinal acquired Bindley Western Industries which was Indianapolis based pharmaceutical distributor
- 2006: Cardinal acquired ParMed Pharmaceuticals of Niagara Falls for $40.1 million.
- 2006: Cardinal acquired Denver Biomedical from Audax Private Equity.
- 2007: Cardinal acquired VIASYS Healthcare.
- 2009: Cardinal spun-off of its CareFusion which held its clinical and medical products businesses into an independent medical technology company called CareFusion.
- 2010: Cardinal acquired Healthcare Solutions Holding for $517 million.
- 2010: Cardinal acquired Kinray which was an independent pharmaceutical wholesaler.
- 2010: Cardinal acquired China based Yong Yu for $70 million.
- 2013: Cardinal formed partnership with CVS Caremark called Red Oak Sourcing to create the largest drug sourcing operation. (RedOakSourcing.com)
- 2015: Cardinal acquired the Cordis division of Johnson and Johnson for $1.9 billion. Cordis manufactured cardiology and endovascular devices.
- 2015: Cardinal Health acquired Tradex International based in Cleveland.
- 2017: Cardinal acquired Medtronic for $6.1 billion. To fund acquisition, Cardinal issued $4.5 billion in new senior unsecured notes.
- Wikipedia - Cardinal Health (Drawn 10/7/2019)
- Cochise County - Health: Cardinal Health
- Mohave County - Health: Cardinal Health
- Phoenix Color - Health: Cardinal Health
- Pima County - Health: Cardinal Health
- Denver Color - Biotechnology: Cardinal Health
- Grand Junction - Health: Cardinal Health
- Pueblo Color - Health: Cardinal Health
- Salt Lake Sites - Pharmacy ℞: Cardinal Health
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next