🠈 CBRE 🠊
CBRE is the world's largest real estate company and real estate investment firm.
The company was founded in San Francisco just after the 1906 earthquake as Tucker, Lynch & Coldwell. The company was renamed Coldwell Banker in 1940. The firm was acquired by Sears in 1981. Sears sold its real estate holdings in 1989.
- 1989: The company split from Sears and adopted the name CB Commercial
- 1995 CB Commercial acquired Westmark Realty Advisors for $37.5 million.
- 1996 CB Commercial acquired L.J. Melody & Co. for $15 million.
- 1996 CB Commercial held an IPO
- 1997 CB Commercial acquired Koll Real Estate Services for $145 million.
- 1998 CB Commercial merged with Richard Ellis International (REI) which traces its roots to London in 1773. The combined firm adopted the name CB Richard Ellis
- 1998 CB Richard Ellis acquired Hillier Parker May & Rowden for $69 million
- 1999 CB Richard Ellis acquired LirAntunez Propiedades SA based in Chile
- 2001 CB Richard Ellis was taken private by an investment group led by Blum Capital in an $800 million transaction.
- 2001-2004: Freeman Spogli invested in CBRE.
- 2003 CB Richard Ellis acquired Insignia Financial Group for $415 million in cash.
- 2004 CB Richard Ellis became a public company via a second IPO.
- 2006 the company acquired Trammell Crow Company for $2.2 billion.
- 2011 the company was acquired the real estate investment management business of ING Group for $940 million
- 2011 the company changed its name to CBRE Group Inc.
- 2016 CBRE acquired Skye Group.
- 2017 CBRE acquired technology companies Floored and Mainstream.
The web site lists several thousand properties. The site is not clear about which properties it owns outright or which it manages.
- Phoenix Color - Commercial Realty: CBRE
- Pima County - Realty: CBRE
- Boulder Color - Realty: CBRE
- Colorado Springs Color - Commercial Realty: CBRE
- Denver Color - Commercial: CB Richard Ellis
- Fort Collins Color - Real Estate: CBRE
- Salt Lake Sites - Commercial Realty: CB Richard Ellis
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next