🠈 Freeman Spogli 🠊
Freeman Spogli is a Los Angeles based private equity firm. The company was founded as Riordan, Freeman & Spogli in 1983 and named after Richard Riordan, Bradford M. Freeman, and Ronald P. Spogli. Mr. Riordan left to become the Mayor of Los Angeles. The firm started with an intent on offering venture capital. They often engage in leveraged buyouts.
Historic Investments include the following properties.
- 1983: Richard Riordan, Bradford M. Freeman, and Ronald P. Spogli founded the firm.
- 1987: FS and Riordan acquired a grocery store chain called Tops Market.
- 1991: FS sold Tops to Ahold.
- 2001-2004: FS invested in CB Richard Ellis. CBRE offers services related to commercial real estate.
- 2006: FS acquired Savers chain of thrift stores which they sold in 2012.
- 2011: FS acquired Boot Barn.
- 2012: FS and Boot Barn acquired RCC Western Stores.
- 2015: FS and Boot Barn acquired Sheplers which had 23 western stores for $147M.
- 2018: Boot Barn held an IPO with 7,211,813 shares with Freeman exiting the investment.
- 2017: FS acquired majority stake in Cafe Rio.
- Internet Rivers - Private Equity Firms: Freeman Spogli
- Wikipedia - Freeman (Drawn 11/14/2017)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next