🠈 Recruit 🠊
Recruit (the site is in Japanese) is one of the largest staffing firms in the world based in Tokyo, Japan. They have acquired several US employment firms including Staffmark, Indeed (a job search engine) and Glassdoor (a employer rating site). The company trades on the Tokyo stock exchange with the symbol 6098.
Recruit Holdings is an English language site about the company.
This is a summary of events Recruit's corporate history. The Wikipedia page is confusing. The company was in caught in an insider trading scandal and was theoretically dissolved. It then began an aggressive acquisition strategy after being dissolved.
- 1960: Hiromasa Ezoe founded company as Daigaku Shimbun Koukokusha which made a job related advertising insert for college newspapers in Japan.
- 1963: The company changed its name to Japan Recruitment Centre Holdings and then to Japan Recruit Centre Holdings.
- 1984: The company shortened its name to Recruit Holdings.
- 1986: A subsidiary called Cosmo went public. The company gave political leaders an insider's deal on stock which led to the "Recruit Scandal" of 1988.
- 1992: The principal investor Isao Nakauchi merged Recruit into Daiei Holdings.
- 2003: Hiromasa Ezoe was convicted for insider trading in the Recruit scandal.
- 2005: The business of "Recruit Cosmos" was transferred to the Corporate Acquisition Fund Federation which embarked on dissolution process.
- 2006: The dissolution process created First Finance as the holding company for Recruit.
- 2006: FF acquired Sanyo Human Network,
- 2006: FF acquired Homepro.
- 2006: FF acquired Yukoyuko.
- 2007: FF acquired Job Direct.
- 2007: FF acquired Staff Service Holdings.
- 2012: FF acquired the job search engine Indeed.
History of Indeed
Indeed (indeed.com) is a search engine that aggregates employment information from job boards and recruitment sites.
- 2004: Paul Forster and Rony Kahan founded the firm with office in Austin, Texas and Stamford, Connecticut
- 2007: First finance changed its name to Recruit Holdings Co.,Ltd..
- 2011: Recruit acquired Staffmark
History of Staffmark
Staffmark (staffmark.com) is a US based staffing firm. A private equity firm called Compass acquired the agency's debt and financed expansion. Compass gained control of the firm in 2006.
- 1970: Company founded as CBS Personnel Services with offices in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
- 1999: CBS acquired Columbia Staffing and Healthcare Services.
- 200?: Compass began investing in CBS.
- 2004: CBS acquired Venturi Staffing which was spun off of Venturi Partners during its merger with COMSYS.
- 2006: Compass Diversified Holdings CODI gained majority interest in CBS.
- 2006: CBS acquired PMC Staffing Solutions which did business as Strategic Edge Solutions.
- 2008: CBS acquired Staffmark which was founded in 1996. CBS had 144 branches in 18 states and Staffmark 222 branches in 29 states.
- 2009: CBS rebranded its 300 offices in 31 states as Staffmark.
- 2014: The Tokyo Stock Exchange began listing Recruit.
- 2015: Recruit acquired Peoplebank and Chandler Macleod which are staffing firms based in Australia.
- 2015: Recruit acquired Quandoo which is a Berlin based restaurant reservation web site.
- 2015: Recruit acquired Advantage Resourcing America, Inc. which owned the staffing Atèrro, Inc..
- 2016: Recruit acquired the Netherlands based USG People for €1.42 billion.
- 2016: Recruit acquired a majority state in the Europe based Wahanda which is in the health and beauty market.
- 2016: Recruit acquired Simply Hired which it added to Indeed
History of Simply Hired
Simply Hired (simplyhired.com) is a job placement site.
- 2003: Company was founded in Sunnyvale, Ca. Apparently it received $33 million in venture capital.
- 2018: Recruit acquired the Canadian job search website Workopolis.
- 2018: Recruit acquired the web site Glassdoor for US$1.2 billion.
History of Glassdoor
Glassdoor (Glassdoor.com) is a site that allows anonymous reviews of employers.
- 2007: Tim Besse, Robert Hohman, and Rich Barton (founder of Expedia) opened the firm to allow employees to review their employers.
- 2016: Glassdoor acquired Love Mondays which was an employment site based in Brazil.
- 2019: Recruit acquired Syft based in Ireland.
- Wikipedia - Recruit (Drawn 9/9/2019)
- TechCrunch - Recruit acquires Wahanda (Drawn 9/9/2019)
- Phoenix Color - Employment Agencies: Staffmark
- Denver Color - Employment Agencies: Staffmark / Denver Drivers
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next