🠈 Equity Lifestyle Properties 🠊
Equity Lifestyle Properties
Equity Lifestyle Properties is a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) based in Chicago and trading on the NYSE with the symbol ELS.
The company invests in manufactured home communities (aka trailer parks) and RV camping resorts. You can find the campgrounds at RVonTheGo, and the manufactured home communities at MyMHCommunity.com.
Brands owned by the company include Thousand Trails, which is a campground membership program that allows you to buy an annual pass and Encore RV Resorts.
I will try to piece together an acquisition history.
- 1992: ELS was founded.
- 2006: IPO
- 2008: ELS acquired Thousand Trails in 2008. Its history is
Thousand Trails History
- 1972: Company established by Milt Kuolt
- 1979: Thousand Trails has an IPO
- 1991: The company was in financial ruin. It merged with one of its creditors National American Corporation (NACO) and filed chapter 11.
- 1991: USTrails, Inc. acquired Thousand Trails
- 1996: USTrails changed its name back to Thousand Trails, Inc..
- 1999: Thousand Trails acquired Leisure Time Resorts of America, Inc. holding company.
- 2003: Kohlberg & Co. purchased Thousand Trails for $113 million.
- 2006: Privileged Access Gp. Corp. acquired company from Kohlberg.
- 2008: ELS acquired the company
- Cochise County - Lodging: Valley Vista RV Camping
- Pima County - Campgrounds/RV: Voyager RV Resort
- Yuma County - Lodging: RVontheGo
- Internet Rivers - RV Camping: RV on the GO
- Internet Rivers - REITs: Equity Lifestyle Properties
- Ogden, Utah - Camping: Equity Lifestyle Properties
- Salt Lake Sites - Camping-RV: All Seasons Mobile Homes
- Reuters - ELS (Drawn 1/25/2018)
- Wikipedia - Thousand Trails (Drawn 1/24/2018)
- Funding Universe - Thousand Trails (Drawn 1/24/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next