🠈 Madison Dearborn Partners 🠊
Madison Dearborn Partners
Madison Dearborn Partners is a private equity fund established by John A Canning Jr, Paul J. Finnegan, Samuel M. Mencoff, and Nicholas W. Alexos in 1992 in Chicago. They had previously worked for First Chicago Bank
Wikipedia reported that the company had 23 billion in assets in 2018.
The company's portfolio lists over 60 investments. The history section only lists transactions that I've encountered in other research.
This page lists transactions that I have encountered in other research.
- 1992: Firm founded in Chicago by investors from First Chicago Bank..
- 1995: MDP extended a $12.5 line of credit to Peter Piper Pizza
- 1995: Peter Piper acquired Pistol Pete's Pizza.
- 2007: ACON Investments acquired Peter Piper.
- 1999: MDP acquired 79.3% interest in Ruth's Chris Steak House.
- 2012: mdp acquired Things Remembered from Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co. for $295 million.
- 2019: Things Remembered filed chapter 11.
- 2019: Sonoco acquired Corenso Holdings in transaction arranged by Madison Dearborn. (I could not find info on when Madison acquired this firm).
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next