🠈 Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement 🠊
Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System
The Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System is a Canadian based pension plan with about $97 billion Canadian dollars in assets. The investments have several divisions: OMERS Infrastructure owns infrastructure including ports, airports, toll roads, hospitals, satellites and more. Oxford Properties invests in real estate projects. OMERS Private Equity appears to be an aggressive player in mergers and acquisitions.
I pulled this list of current and realized investments from their page. The Corporate History section shows details on merger transactions of interest.
I do not have the resources to follow every transaction of this massive group. This section lists transactions related to OMERS that I encounter in other research.
- 1962: Established to invest pension plan for Ontario public workers.
- 2001: OMERS acquired Oxford Properties which invests in real estate for $1.5 billion. Oxford Properties is independent of the private equity arm.
- 2013: OMERS acquired Caliber Collision from ONEX ONCAP
- 2018: Hellman & Friedman acquired a majority stake in Caliber and merged it with Abra Auto Body.
- 2014: Omers acquired Documents Technology, Inc (DTI) from Harvest Partners
- CBC - OMERS To Buy Oxford Properties (Drawn 8/19/2019)
- PE Hub - OMERS buys Caliber (Drawn 8/19/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next