🠈 Sonepar Group 🠊
The Sonepar Group is multinational group based in France which has quietly assembled a network of companies. When I accessed the "about-us" page on Sonepar USA, the page claimed that, in 2015, Sonepar had $22.8 Billion in sales from over 2,800 branches with 43,000 associates.
The company was founded by Henrí Coisne in 1969. It did not jump the Atlantic until 1984 when it acquired a Quebec based company caled Lumen.
US acquisitions increased after Sonepar hired Richard Worthy from GE Capital in 1998. Worthy engaged in a disciplined acquisition of electronic contractors and suppliers and developed new branches when they fit.
The company uses a distributed management style. When it acquires companies, it keeps the name and leaves the management structure in place. This page will list companies in the Sonepar USA division.
Brook Electical Supply
Brook Electrical Supply lists 5 offices in Illinois. The company was founded in 1927 and acquired in April of 2000.
Capital TriState lists 54 offices in DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, WV. They obviously don't know what "Tri" means.
Codale Electric Supply
Coldale Electic Supply was founded in 1975 by Dale P. Holt and was acquired by Sonepar in 2012. Their locations page listed 15 stores in Utah, Nevada and Wyoming.
Copper Electric Supply
Copper Electric serves NJ, NY and Pa. They list 29 offices.
Crawford Electric Supply
Crawford serves Louisiana and Texas. They list 24 offices.
Eck Electic Co.
Eck serves both North and South Carolina. It has seven offices.
Eck was founded in 1955. Sonpar acquired the company in 2015.
Electrical Distributors was founded in 2008. It has two locations in Texas.
Eoff Electrical Supply
Eoff serves Washington and Oregon. It was founded in 1919 in Salem, Oregon. The site lists 11 locations.
Friedman was founded in 1935 and acquired in 2006. They list 15 locations in New York and Pennsylvania.
Independent Electric Supply
Independent Electric Supply was founded in 1976 and acquired by Sonepar in 2011. They list 18 locations in Arizona and California.
Stuart C. Irby Co.
Irby was founded in 1926. Irby was the 16th largest electrical dealer with 35 stores and $400M in sales when in was acquired in October 2005. The site listed 62 locations in AL, AR, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, ME, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE, NJ, NM, NY, ND, OK, SD, TN, TX, VA, WI in January 2018.
NorthEast Electrical was created in 1998. Its site listed 31 locations in CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, and VT.
OneSource Distributors lists 20 offices in Arizona, California and Hawaii. It was created in 1983 as San Diego Wholesale Electric. It changed its name to OneSource in 1996 and was acquired by Sonepar in 2011.
QED (Quality Electrical Distribution) was founded in Denver in 1987. Their site listed 10 offices in Arizona, Colorado, North Dakota, Nevada and Utah.
V Allen was itself a conglomerate before acquisition. Their map page listed 68 US locations in AL, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, NH, NY, NC, ND, OH, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, WA, WV, and WI.
In a complex series of acquisitions in 2007-2008, Sonepar acquired a conglomerate called IDG Group and a portion of a company called Hagemeyer with a competitor named Rexel acquiring the bulk of Hagemeyer. Sonepar had a branding problem and finally branded the division as Vallen.
The IDG Group was created from 1997-1999 with the consolidation of 31 companies including 9 major distributors. The oldest and most prestigious of these was the Cameron & Barkley Company that was founded in Charleston, SC in 1865.
According to Wikipedia (drawn 1/2018), The company called Hagemeyer was created in Munich in 1905. In 2007 Sonepar and Rexel competed for the acquisition. Rexel won but sold some of the pieces to Sonepar.
Viking Electric Supply
Viking was founded in 1964 in St Paul. They list 21 locations in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
World Electric Supply
World Electric Supply was founded in 1999. It has ten locations in Florida.
- Cochise County - Shopping: Independent Electric Supply
- Mohave County - Shopping: Independent Electric Supply
- Phoenix Color - Hardware Stores: Independent Electric Supply
- Phoenix Color - Hardware Stores: QED Electric
- Pima County - Home and Garden: Independent Electric Supply
- Yuma County - Shopping: OneSource Distributors
- Boulder Color - Hardware Stores: QED Electric
- Colorado Springs Color - Hardware: QED Electric
- Denver Color - Hardware / Lumber: Irby
- Denver Color - Hardware / Lumber: QED Electric
- Grand Junction - Home: QED Electric
- Carbon County Color - Business: Codale Electric Suppy, Inc
- Cedar City - Business: Codale Electric Suppy, Inc
- Logan Utah - Hardware: Codale Electric Suppy, Inc
- Ogden, Utah - Hardware Stores: Codale Electric Suppy, Inc
- Provo Utah - Hardware: Codale Electric Suppy, Inc
- Saint George - Business: Codale Electric Suppy, Inc
- Salt Lake Sites - Electrical: Codale Electric Suppy, Inc
- Salt Lake Sites - Electrical: QED Electric
- Vernal, Utah. US - Business: Codale Electric Suppy, Inc
- Electrical Wholesaling (Drawn 1/11/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next