🠈 Steward Healthcare 🠊
Steward Healthcare, based in Boston, is the largest hospital management group in the United States. The company was created in 2010 when Cerberus Capital Management acquired Caritas Christi Health Care
This section lists the evolution of the company:
- 2010: Cerberus acquired Caritas Christi Health Care and changes name to Steward.
- 2017-09-29: Steward acquired IASIS Health Care.
History of IASIS Health Care
- 1998: IASIS was created as a hospital management firm. It received funds from JLL Partners
- 1998-1999: IASIS purchased five hospitals in Utah from Texas based Paracelsus Healthcare Corporation for $280M. This may have included (Davis, Jordan Valley, Mountain Point and Salt Lake Regional.)
- 1999: IASIS purchased 10 hospitals from Tenet Healthcare Corporation for $537 million. This include St. Luke's of Phoenix.
- 2001: IASIS attempted an IPO but pulled it due to a poor market.
- 2004: TPG Capital (Texas Pacific Group) acquired IASIS for $1.4B.
- 2010: IASIS acquired Brim Holdings and changed Brim's name to HealthTech Solutions Group
History of HealthTechS3
- 1971: Gene Brim establishes Brim and Associates as on of the first hospital companies in Portland, Or.
- 1992: Brim acquired Cobre Valley Regional Medical Center
The history of CVRMC from who we are page.
- 1910: Doctor John Bacon becomes Chief Surgeon of Miami, Az.
- 1912: Dr. Bacon builds first Miami Inspiration Hospital.
- 1966: Dr. Ira Harris oversees start of new hospital, but dies before completion.
- 1991: Gila County General Hospital in Globe fails making Miami Inspiration the primary regional medical center.
- 1992: HealthTech Management Services acquired hospital and changes name to Cobre Valley Regional Medical Center.
- 1995: Brim partners with Province Healthcare and moved corporate headquarters to Brentwood, Tn.
- 2004: Brim Holdings built Pikes Peak Regional Hospital.
- 2010: IASIS acquired Brim and changes name to HealthTech Solutions Group.
- 2015: Division rebranded as HealthTechS3.
- Steward engaged in a complex transaction with Medical Properties (ref)
- Phoenix Color - Hospitals: Mountain Vista Medical Center
- Phoenix Color - Hospitals: St Luke's Behavioral Center
- Phoenix Color - Hospitals: St Luke's Medical Center
- Phoenix Color - Hospitals: Tempe St. Luke
- Colorado Springs Color - Health: Pikes Peak Regional Hospital
- Davis County - Davis County Color: Davis Hospital and Medical Center
- Provo Utah - Health: Mountain Point Medical Center
- Salt Lake Sites - Hospitals: Salt Lake Regional Hospital and Medical Center
- Salt Lake Sites - Hospitals: Jordan Valley Medical Center
- Market Watch - TPG to buy iasis (Drawn 1/9/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next