🠈 Bass Pro Shops 🠊
Bass Pro Shop
Bass Pro Shops traces its history to a bait and tackle shop run by John L. Morris. The shop was in back of the Brown Derby Liquor store on the road from Branson, Missouri to Table Rock Lake.
The bait shop offered homemade bait and worms. The company incorporated in 1972 and started offering fishing supplies through the Bass Pro Shops Catalog and retail stores.
In 1978, John Morris launched the White River Marine Group to manufacture and sell boats.
In 1984, they went into retail big time with the opening of the first Outdoor World supertore. The super stores featured the best in outdoor gear coupled with displays of wildlife.
The Bass Pro Shops online catalog continues to carry the best in high-performance rods, reels and fishing supplies along with gear for hunting and outdoor expeditions.
In 2014, Bass Pro Shops acquired its rival Cabela's in a $4 billion deal.1
- Business Wire - Bass Pro Shops Completes Acquisition of Cabela's (Drawn 6/4/2019)
- Wikipedia - Bass Pro Shops (Drawn 10/12/2019)
- Phoenix Color - Sporting Goods: Bass Pro Shops / Outdoor World
- Phoenix Color - Dining: Islamorada Fish Company
- Colorado Springs Color - Sporting Goods: Bass Pro Shops
- Colorado Springs Color - Dining: Uncle Buck's Fishbowl
- Denver Color - Dining: Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant
- Denver Color - Sporting Goods: Outdoor World / Bass Pro Shops
- Internet Rivers - Boating: Bass Pro Shops
- Internet Rivers - Fishing: Bass Pro Shop
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next