🠈 Sheplers 🠊
History of Sheplers
Boot Barn acquired Sheplers in 2015. Boot Barn rebranded the local stores. This page shows the corporate history of Sheplers which the store traces back to the day that J.W. Gibson opened "Gibson Harness Co." at 105 W. Douglas in downtown Wichita, Kansas. The primary source for the article was Shelpler's History on their site1
- 1899: J.W. Gibson opened
in Wichita, Kansas.
- 1846: Harry Shepler aqcuired Gibson and changed the name to Harry Sheplers Saddle and Leather Company at 450 N. Main.
- 1949: Sheplers moved the business from 450 N Main to 452 N. Main.
- 1961: The company built a 10,000 square foot facility at 6501 W. Kellogg Drive and shortened the name to Harry Sheplers Saddlery Co..
- 1968: The Dry Family acquired Sheplers. They built a new store at Dugan Street and added boots and jeans.
- 1970: The company began publishing Sheplers Catalog.
- 1971: They shortened the name to Sheplers Inc.
- 1973: The company opened its second store in Oklahoma City.
- 1976: The conglomerate WR Grace acquired Sheplers with goals of expansion.
- 1984: Sheplers opened a 50,000 square foot distribution to serve its popular catalog and growing number of stores.
- 1986: Sheplers Management Group, partially funded by Kansas City Public Employee Retirement System KPER reacquired Sheplers.
- 1989: Sheplers Management retire their debt with KPER.
- 1998: Sheplers launced sheplers.com.
- 2007: Gryphon Investors acquired Sheplers.
- 2015: BootBarn acquired Sheplers.2
- Shepler's Company History (Drawn 10/16/2019)
- Boot Barn acquires Sheplers (Drawn 10/16/2019)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next