🠈 Caliber Collision 🠊
Caliber Collion is a nationwide chain with nearly 1000 auto body repair shops. In 2018, the company was acquired by Hellman and Friedman. HF merged the two companies and it appears that Caliber will be the lead brand.
As Abra was the first auto body shop purchased by HF, I will start the merger chain with Abra.
History of Abra Auto and Glass
- 1984: Roland D. Benjamin was co-founder of ABRA Auto Body in Fridley, Minnesota.
- 1989: Abra added windshield service and changed the name to ABRA Auto Body & Glass..
- 2011: Palladium Equity acquired Abra which had 110 centers in 12 states.
- 2014: Hellman & Friedman, LLC acquired Abra for $2.5 billion when the company had 240 centers.
- 2015: Abra acquired Kadel’s Auto Body which had 23 locations in Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
- 2018: Abra acquired Cooks Collision which had 38 shops.
- 2018: Caliber Collision and ABRA announced a merger.
- Hellman & Friedman acquired Caliber Collision with minority financing from PenFund Leonard Green in others. They then merged Caliber and Abra and chose the name Caliber Collision.
History of Caliber Collision
- Businesswire - Abra acquires Kadel (Drawn 8/18/2019)
- Phoenix Color - Auto Body: Caliber Collision
- Pima County - Automobiles: Caliber Collision
- Boulder Color - Automobile: Caliber Collision
- Colorado Springs Color - Auto: Caliber Collision
- Denver Color - Autobody and Paint: Caliber Collision
- Durango Colorado - Automotive: Abra Auto Body / Caliber Collision
- Pueblo Color - Cars: Caliber Collision
- Davis County - Automobile: Abra Auto Body / Caliber Collision
- Logan Utah - Automotive: Abra Auto Body / Caliber Collision
- Ogden, Utah - Automotive: Abra Auto Body / Caliber Collision
- Provo Utah - Cars: Abra Auto Body / Caliber Collision
- Salt Lake Sites - Autobody & Paint: Abra Auto Body and Caliber Collision
- Cheyenne, Wyoming. US - Auto: Caliber Collision
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next