🠈 Smile Brands 🠊
Smile Brands, based in Irvine, Ca, is building a nationwide network of dental practices. The company had about 400 offices in 16 states in October 2019. They are growing through acquisition and adding new practices.
The principle equity investor in Smile Brands is a San Francisco concern called Gryphon Investors. Gryphon Brightalso owns Dessert Holdings.
I found the following brands mentioned on their site. I suspect the individual practices will eventually become rebranded.
Their web site navigation is awkward. The easiest way to find your local dentist is to go to the regional pages.
- Bright Now! Dental (brightnow.com) has offices in Arizona (63), California (17), Colorado (14), Florida (26), Indiana (3), Maryland (2), Ohio (15), Oregon (11), Pennsylvania (1), Virginia (6), Washington (20)|
- Monarch Dental (monarchdental.com) has 9 offices in Arkansas, 10 offices in Utah and 70 offices in Texas.
- Castle Dental (castledental.com) has 53 offices in Texas.
- Newport Dental (newportdental.com) has 11 offices in California and 11 offices in Tennessee.
- Johnson Family Dental (johnsonfamilydental.com)
- Decision One Dental Partners (decisiononedental.com)
- Premiere Private Practice Dental Group (p3dentalgroup.com)
- Axiom Implant and Specialty Dentistry (axiomvegas)
- Hospitality Dental (Hospitality Dental) has a location in Las Vegas.
- Madisson Ave Dental (maddisonavedental.com) has a location in North Las Vegas.
- Perfect Smile Dental (perfectsmilelasvegas.com) has a location in Las Vegas.
- Summerlin Dental (summerlindental.net) has a location in Las Vegas.
- Whitney Ranch Dental (whitneyranchdental.com)
- A+ Dental Care has 4 locations in California.
- Grant Road Dental has a location in California.
- Los Gatos Dental Specialists has a location in California.
I drew the corporate history from the site's about us page and its press releases. The transaction that created the firm was funded by Gryphon. Ownership passed to Freeman Spigoli then back to Gryphon.
- 1998: CEO Steve Bilt and CFO Brad Schmidt combined three West Coast dental companies to form Bright Now!® Dental in a transaction funded by Gryphon Investors.
- 2003: Bright Now acquired Monarch Dental Corporation.
- 2004: Bright Now acquired Castle Dental Centers.
- 2005: Freeman Spogli & Co. acquired majority interest in Bright Now! Dental.6
- 2009: The parent company took the name Smile Brands .
- 2010: Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe acquired Freeman Spigoli's interest in Smile Brands7.
- 2016: Gryphon Investors acquired Smile Brands1.
- 2018: Smile Brands and Gryphon acquired P3 Dental based in Nevada.3
- 2018: Smile Brands acquired Johnson Family Dental of Newbury Park, Ca.
- 2019: Smile Brands and Gryphon formed a partnership with DecisionOne based in Schaumburg, Il.4.
- 2019: Smile Brands and Gryphon acquired Gatewayhttps://www.pehub.com/2018/07/pe-backed-smile-brands-buys-p3-dental-group/ Dental based in Washington2
- 1992: Dr. G. Glenn Buchanan founded Gateway Dental in Seattle.
- Gryphon - Gryphon acquires Smile Brands (Drawn 10/16/2019)
- Gryphon and Smile Acquire Gateway Dental (Drawn 10/16/2019)
- PE Hub - Smile Brands Buys P3 Dental (Drawn 10/16/2019)
- Gryphon - Smile Brands Partners with DecisionOne (Drawn 10/16/2019)
- Gryphon - Smile acquires Johnson Family Dental (Drawn 10/16/2019)
- Business Wire - Freeman acquires Bright (Drawn 10/16/2019)
- Freeman Spigoli - Welsh Carson to buy Majority Interest in Smile Brands (Drawn 10/16/2019)
- Phoenix Color - Dental: Bright Now! Dental
- Colorado Springs Color - Dental: Bright Now! Dental
- Denver Color - Dentistry: Bright Now! Dental
- Davis County - Health: Monarch Dental
- Ogden, Utah - Dental: Monarch Dental
- Provo Utah - Dental: Monarch Dental
- Salt Lake Sites - Dental: Monarch Dental
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next