🠈 Acadia Healthcare 🠊
Established in 2005, Acadia Healthcare is a chain of behavioral health centers. As of June 30, 2017, Acadia operated a network of 576 facilities with approximately 17,300 beds in 39 states.
The company has grown through acquisition. It appears that many of the facilities are retaining their local name.
Acadia trades on the NASDAQ with the symbol: ACHC. I will list acquisitions as I encounter them below:
- 2012: Acadia acquired Behavioral Centers of America (which had six facilities) from Linden Capital Partners
- 2014: Acadia acquired Partnerships in Care, a UK facility with 23 facilities and 1,200 beds, for approximately $662 million in cash.
- 2014-2015: Acadia acquired CRC Health Group from Bain Capital for $1.8 billion.
CRC Group History
CRC Health Group was founded in 1995 when Daniel Newby and Dr. Barry Karlin purchased The Camp Recovery Center in Scotts Valley, California. The company grew rapidly through acquisition and strategic partnerships.
- 1995: Company Founded
- 2002: North Castle Partners invested in CRC.
- 2005: CRC acquired Sierra Tucson for $130 M.
- 2005: Bain Capital acquired CRC for $720 M.
- 2006: Bain and CRC acquired Aspen Education Group
Aspen was founded in 1997. It provided treatment through boarding schools, wilderness therapy, and residential programs.
- 2013: CRC acquired Habit OPCO. Habit was established in 1985. It has 22 treatment facilities for people with opiod addiction in Ma, Vt, NH, NJ and Pa. **
- 2014: Acadia Health acquired CRC for $1.8 billion.
- 2015: Acadia acquired Discovery House Addiction Treatment Centers from Greene Holcomb & Fisher LLC. This Rhode Island company had 18 facilities in RI, Me, Pa and Ut.
- Phoenix Color - Health: Oasis Behavioral Health
- Pima County - Health: Sonoral Behavoral Health
- Pima County - Health: Sierra Tucson
- Davis County - Davis County Color: Discovery House
- Provo Utah - Mental Health: Discovery House
- Salt Lake Sites - Education: YouthCare Residential Treatment Center
- Salt Lake Sites - Mental Health: Highland Ridge Hospital
- Salt Lake Sites - Mental Health: Discovery House
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next