🠈 bebe 🠊
Established in 1976, bebe is a California based purveyor of women's fashions. This chain was started by Manny Mashouf, an Iranian immigrant, in San Francisco. It grew to 300 stores. They closed all their brick and mortar stores in 2018.
The company markets casual sporting clothes under the brand BebeSports and PH8. 2b Bebe is the company's outlet division.
The company's headquarters are in Brisbane, California. The company trades Over The Counter with the symbol BEBE. In 2020, the brand was owned by Bluestar Alliance which also owns Brookstone.
- 1976: Manny Mashouf, an Iranian immigrant, opened the first bebe in San Francisco.
- 1998: Bebe held an IPO on NASDAQ.
- 2006: Manny was ranked as the 242nd richest man in the US with a net worth of $1.5 billion.
- 2014: Mashouf sold his 59% stake in the stores.
- 2016: Bluestar Alliance acquired interest in bebe.
- 2017: Bebe closed all of its 180 brick and mortar stores.2
- Wikipedia = bebe (Drawn 10/2/2020)
- Forbes - Bebe Closes All Stores (Drawn 10/2/2020)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next