🠈 Bluestar Alliance 🠊
Bluestar Alliance is an international private equity firm and marketing company that invests in popular consumer brands.
This New York based company was founded in 2006 by Joseph Gabbay and Ralph Gindi. As of 2020, their portfolio included the brands Brookstone, Tahari, Bebe, Kensie, Catherine Malandrino, Nanette Lepore, Joan Vass, Michael Bastian, English Laundry and Limited Too.
Advertisement: You can find Limited Too Products on Amazon.com.
The company B. Riley Financial made a substantial investment in Bluestar. It appears to be the majority stake holder.
Since this company was relatively new, I was able to compile a corporate timeline by doing searches on the brands in its portfolio.
- 2006: 2006 Joseph Gabbay and Ralph Gindi founded Bluestar Alliance in NYC.
- 2013: Bluestar acquired the Catherine Malandrino brand from Tahari ASL.3 This is a French designer. (See Amazon Store)
- 2015: Bluestar acquired Limited Too from Sun Capital Partners.
- 2016: Bluestar invested in bebe.
- 2019: Bluestar, in partnership with Apex Digital, acquired Brookstone from bankruptcy in a deal estimated at $65 million.
- 2019: B Riley Financial invested $117 in Bluestar. It appears to have a majority stake.
- 2019: Bluestar acquired the Hurley Brand from Nike for an undisclosed amount1.
- SGB Online (Drawn 10/1/2020) https://sgbonline.com/nike-sells-hurley-to-pe-firm-bluestar-alliance/
- Racked - Limited Too is Being Restored (Drawn 10/2/2020)
- Wikipedia - Catherine Malandrino (Drawn 10/2/2020)
- Internet Rivers - Private Equity Firms: Bluestar Alliance
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next