🠈 Golf Galaxy 🠊
Golf Galaxy is a chain of golf pro shops owned by Dick's Sporting Goods. After the merger Dick's combined the distribution channels but kept the stores and brand name.
- 1997: The company was founded in 1997
- 2006: The company was acquired by Dick's
- 2017: Dick's acquired assets of bankrupt GolfSmith
- 1967: GolfSmith was founded by Mr. Carl and Mrs Barbara Paul of Edison, NJ in their home where they made custom golf clubs.
- 1970s: Frank Paul joined the firm and they moved to Austin, Tx where they opened a storefront in an old army barracks. They sold clubs through a catalog.
- 1995: The company started opening retail shops in Houston, Dallas and Denver.
- 2004: Golfsmith operated 100 stores in 20 state.
- 2006: Golfsmith held an IPO on the NASDAQ with symbol GOLF.
- 2016: Golfsmith filed for bankruptcy and was acquired by Dick's
- Sports Business Daily - Dick's Acquires Golf Galaxay (Drawn 12/31/2017)
- Phoenix Color - Golf: Golf Galaxy
- Denver Color - Golf: Golf Galaxy
- Salt Lake Sites - Golf: Golf Galaxy
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next