🠈 Savers 🠊
Savers is a for-profit chain of thrift stores. The chain purchases clothes from charities which they sell at thrift store prices.
The company was founded in San Francisco in 1954 to meet the needs of charities who wanted to avoid the cost and hassles of selling used clothes. The corporate headquarters are in Bellevue, Wa. Some of the stores are branded as Value Village.
Some critics are upset to see a for-profit business in the thrift chain. There have been law suits challenging profits received by the firm.
The company has been owned by a number of equity firms. In 2000 Berkshire Partners bought a 50% stake in the company in 2000. Freeman Spogli & Co became the majority owner in 2006. In 2012 it was purchased jointly by Leonard Green & Partners and TPG Capital.
- Coconino County - Shopping: Savers Thrift Stores
- Phoenix Color - Apparel: Savers Thrift Stores
- Pima County - Apparel: Savers Thrift Stores
- Boulder Color - Apparel: Savers Thrift Stores
- Denver Color - Thrift, Consignment & Pawn: Savers Thrift Stores
- Davis County - Shopping: Savers
- Ogden, Utah - Clothes: Savers Thrift Stores
- Provo Utah - Apparel: Savers Thrift Stores
- Salt Lake Sites - Thrift, Pawn & Consignment: Savers Thrift Stores
- Wikipedia - Savers (Drawn 11/14/2017)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next