🠈 Sunrise Senior Living 🠊
Sunrise Senior Living
Sunrise Senior Living offers a network of housing facilities for seniors that include assisted living functions. The company has over three hundred facilities and 32,000 employees. Their headquarters are in McLean, Virginia. The real estate is owned by an REIT called Welltower.
Here is a video about volunteer opportunities at the facilities.
This section lists highlights in the company's corporate history.
- 1981: Paul and Terry Klaassen opened the first facility in Oakton, Va.
- 2002: Sunrise acquired the Marriott Senior Living portfolio which included 126 properties. Sunrise had 220 facilities. The combined company had over 39,000 rooms.
- 2012-2013: Sunrise sold its real estate and 20% stake in business to Health REIT for $4.3 billion. They established a leasing arrangement with the REIT which has since changed its name to Welltower.
- 2012: As part of above deal, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, Beecken Petty O’Keefe & Company, and Coastwood Senior Housing Partners LLC acquired an 80% stake in Sunrise for $120 million.
- 2014: Revera acquired the 80% held by KKR and friends.
- 2014: Sunrise acquired the management firm Gracewell Healthcare based in the UK which also does business with Health REIT.
- Phoenix Color - Senior Care: Sunrise Senior Living
- Pima County - Seniors: Sunrise Senior Living
- Boulder Color - Health: Sunrise Senior Living
- Colorado Springs Color - Senior Services: Sunrise Senior Living
- Denver Color - Senior Housing: Sunrise Senior Living
- Salt Lake Sites - Senior Housing: Sunrise Senior Living
- Wikipedia - Sunrise Senior Living (Drawn 6/21/2018)
- Newsroom: Sunrise acquired marriott senior living (Drawn 6/21/2018)
- Senior Housing News - KKR Stake (Drawn 6/21/2018)
- KKR - Sunrise announces change to investors group (Drawn 6/21/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next