🠈 Castle Harlan 🠊
Castle Harlan is a private equity firm based in NYC that invests in "middle-market companies."
The following investments were listed on their site. The links will take you to additional information about the companies.
- 1987: John K. Castle and Leonard Harlan, who had worked together at Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette (DLJ), raised $125 million for leveraged buyouts as Legend Capital Group, L.P. .
- 1993-1996: CH invested in MAG Aerospace Industries, Inc. creates sanidation systems for aircraft.
- 1993-1996: Smarte Carte Corporation which rents luggage carts are airports.
- 1993-1996: CH invested in INDSPEC Chemical Corporation is a Pittsburgh based company that creates resorcinol which is used in tires and such.
- 1994: Castle Harlan acquired McCormick and Schmicks which had 16 restaurants for $24 million
- 1997: Apple South Inc. acquired the 20 restaurant chain for $53 million.
- 1998: Castle Harlan, with help from Bruckman, Rosser, Sherrill & Co., re-acquired the 34 restaurant chain for $123.5 million.
- 2004: McCormick and Schmicks held an IPO.
- 1997: CH acquired a 60% stake in US Synthentics of Provo, Utah which makes synthetic diamonds for $60 million.
- 1997: CH sold its stake in US Synthetics to Bain Capital for $165 million.
- 1998: CH invested in Universal Compression, Inc. is a Houston based company offering products for natural gas compression.
- 1998-????: CH invested in Land 'N' Sea Distributing which is a Fort Lauderdale based food supply distributor.
- 1999: Bill Ferris and Joseph Skrzynski of Australian Mezzanine Investments joined Castle Harlan to create Castle Harlan Australian Mezzanine Partners with acronym CHAMP.
- 2002: Castle Harlan acquired Morton's Steak House.
- 2003-????: CH invested in Austar United Communications Limited which is a pay TV provider in Australia.
- 2004: CH acquired Ames True Temper, Inc of Camp Hill, Pa that was established in 1774. They manufacture garden equipment.
- 2004-????: CH invested in Horizon Lines, LLC, out of Charlotte, NC which is a container and shipping logistics company.
- 2004 - now: CH invested in Caribeean Restaurants, LLC which owns Burger King Restaurants in Puerto Rico.
- 2005-????: CH invested in Polypipe which is an Irish company that manufactures plastic pipe and fittings.
- 2006-????: CH invested in RathGibson, Inc. of Janesville, Wi which manufactures stainless steel products.
- 2006: CH and CHAMP acquired Great Western Malting, Canada Malting Company, Barrett Burston Malting and a 60 percent interest in Bairds Malt to create United Malt Holdings ("UMH"). The business were held by Conagra and Tiger Brands.
- 2009: CHAMP sold United Malt Holdings to Australian based GrainCorp for $757 million.
- 2006: CH and Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co. acquired Bravo! Development Inc. which had 19 Brio and 31 Bravo Restaurants.
- 2006-????: CH invested in AmeriCast Technologies, Inc. of Atchinson, Ks which is a foundry founded in 1872.
- 2006-????: CH invested in Baker & Taylor Acquisitions Corp. of Charlotte, NC offers book publishing services.
- 2010-2012: CH invested in IDQ Holdings, Inc. of Garland Tx makes products in the DIY automotive sector.
- 2010-????: Pretium Packaging of Missouri makes rigid plastic containers often used in health care.
- 2011-????: CH invested in Securus Technologies, Inc. of Dallas provides telecommunication services for the corrections industry.
- 2012-now: CH invested in Shelf Drilling of Dubai, UAE which engages in shallow-water off shore drilling.
- 2014 - now: CH invested in Gold Star Foods, Inc, based in Ontario, Ca which is a food distributor for schools.
- 2014 - now: CH invested in Tensar Corporation of Alpharetta, Georgia creates engineered solutions for transportation and construction. 2018 - now: CH invested in Titan Production Equipment of Houston produces oil production equipment.
- Wikipedia - Castle Harlan (Drawn 10/10/2018)
- Sydney Morning News - GrainCorp Acquires UMH (Drawn 10/10/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next