🠈 Goldman Sachs 🠊
Goldman Sachs is an investment bank established by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs in 1869. The company often underwrites IPOs and often appears to be in the thick of financial mergers and acquisitions.
This stub page will list activities of Goldman Sachs as I encounter them in other research.
- 1869: GS is established by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs.
- 1996: Goldman Sachs helped Party City go public.
- 2006: Anticipating a huge increase in retail bankruptcies, Goldman Sachs and Cerberus Capital invest in Hilco.
- 2008: GS receives a $10 billion investment from the United States Department of the Treasury as part of Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008.
- 2010: GS, Trinity and Quilvest sold ViaWest to Shaw Communications.
- 2017: GS, Lionstone and Crescent Real Estate acquire Flat Iron Park in Boulder for $170 million.
- 2018: GS invested $400 million in a cybercurrency exchanged called Poloniex (ref).
- Internet Rivers - Private Equity Firms: Goldman Sachs
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next