🠈 Golden Gate Capital 🠊
Golden Gate Capitol
Golden Gate Capital is an investment firm established in 2000.
- Romano's Macoroni Grill is a festive Italian restaurant. The center of each restaurant is a heartstone to emphasize that the kitchen is the heart of the home. There are currently 235 Macaroni Grills throughout the world.
- On The Border is a fresh Mexican style grill. There are currently 135 restaurants in this chain.
- 2013: acquired Red Lobster from Darden Restaurant Group.
- Golden Gate Capital acquired the teen fashion store PacSun in 2016.
This section lists select events in Golden Gate History.
- 2004: Golden Gate and Moulin International Holdings Ltd. acquired Eye Care Centers of America for $450 million from Thomas H Lee in a transaction financed by JP Morgan.
- 2006: The insurance company HighMark acquired ECCA.
- 2006: Golden Gate acquired Neways for $500M. Neways is a Utah based Multi-level-marketing firm.
- 2007-2010: Golden Gate acquired a 75% stake in Express clothing company. They sold in the company in an IPO in 2010.
- 2009: GG acquired J Jill from Talbots
- 2008: GG, via Mac Acquisitions LLC, acquired majority stake in Romano's Macaroni Grill from Brinker International.
- 2009: Golden Gate acquired Eddie Bauer.
- 2010: GG, via OTB Acquisitions LLC, acquired On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina from Brinker International.
- 2011: Golden Gate acquired California Pizza Kitchen (CPKI) from the open market.
- 2011: GG spun off Sycamore Partners.
- 2011: Talbots was the first investment of the new fund.
- 2012: Golden Gate Capital and Blum Capital took over Collective Brands which owned Payless ShoeSource, Robeez and Airwalk.
- 2012: Golden Gate acquired Red Lobster from Darden Restaurants for $2.1 billion.
- 2014: Golden Gate Capital bought Angus Chemical Co. from Dow Chemical for $1.215 billion.
- 2014: GG acquired a majority stake in Green Street Advisors. Established in 1985, GSA is a real estate research firm.
- 2019: Welsh Carson acquired GSA.
- 2015: GG established GGC Real Estate to capitalized on attractive real estate opportunities related to its other investments.
- 2016: TravelCenters of America (NASDAQ TA) rejected a bid from Golden Gate.
- 2016: Golden Gate acquired PacSun.
- 2017: Golden Gate acquired Neustar, Inc.
- 2017, Golden Gate purchased Bob Evans Restaurants from Bob Evans Farms for $565 million
- 2017: Golden Gate acquired Express Oil & Tire Engineers from Carousel Capital.
- 2017: FTC Document 20171929 says the FTC approved the acquisition of Denver based Brakes Plus, but I could not confirm the deal went through.
- 2018: Golden Gate acquired Mavis Discount Tire from the ONCAP fund by Onex. Golden Gate then merged Express and Mavis.
- Wikipedia - Golden Gate Capital (Drawn 3/30/2018)
- Internet Rivers - Private Equity Firms: Golden Gate Capital
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next